In a nutshell:
- A 501-C3 non-profit group
- Promotes the welfare of animals
- Provides information for low cost spay/neuter options
- Supports laws regarding stricter penalties for abuse and neglect of animals
- Educates the public about animal welfare
- Encourages and welcomes volunteers to help with animal causes
League for Animal Welfare (LAW) is a 501 C-3 non-profit organization located in Bartow County, Georgia, that seeks to promote and support the overall welfare of animals. LAW works in conjunction with the local Animal Control agency and Humane Society.
League for Animal Welfare was organized in 2012 by a group of citizens to expand the services that are currently offered in Bartow County, GA and to promote the humane treatment of animals.
- To reduce the animal population by providing low-cost spay and neuter programs to Bartow County and Northwest Georgia.
- To reduce or eliminate animal cruelty by supporting laws against the inhumane treatment of animals, including but not limited to: tethering/close confinement, dog fighting, abuse and neglect.
- To support laws that make the penalty for animal cruelty a felony and to encourage maximum sentences for animal abuse.
- To teach responsible pet ownership through educational programs throughout the community.
- To serve as a resource for those interested in becoming more involved in the welfare of animals by: offering volunteer opportunities, providing educational materials and supporting efforts to improve animal welfare.
- To supply dog and cat good to the local food pantry.